Peter Kjær Esbensen
- Co-founder of YOGAMUDRA.
- To me the best thing about yoga is that the practice can be used both as a barometer of my physical / mental state while at the same time there is a wide range of practices available to meet the needs of this state. Relevance is the key word - what is needed here and now. Yoga is not limited to practice on the mat, but contributes to all aspects of life.
- Father of Sixten, Vitus, and Iselin.
Trainings and sources of inspiration
- First and foremost, my practice is based in Astanga vinyasa yoga. But I am also inspired by Iyengar yoga, Viniyoga, Yin yoga, Vinyasa yoga, and the Satyananda tradition.
- I consider both Pranayama, Meditation and Yoga Nidra to be indispensable tools for a well-balanced practice.
- Running (mostly trail running)
- I have been practicing with many experienced teachers since 1995 and continue to do so, and I have learned many things from all of them. I would like to highligt some of the most important teachers:
- I met Paul Dallaghan via the Centered Yoga teacher training program (300+ hours, certified by Yoga Alliance). What I like the most about Paul is his vast knowledge, his dedication, and his sense of humour. Paul and his teacher O.P. Tiwariji are my Pranayama teachers.
- Since Michael Stone first visited us in 2005 he has been a great source of inspiration.
- Total yoga nidra teacher training course with Uma and Nirlipta Tuli from Sitaram Partnership in London, 2013.
- I have studied with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and Sri R. Sharath in Mysore, India, as well as in Copenhagen.
- Participated in 1996 in a 3-months retreat at Scandinavian Yoga and Meditation School in Sweden. The course is an important part of their thorough yoga teacher training.
- Qualified masseur from Naturmedicinsk Kursuscenter.
- MSc in Engineering (construction). I worked with development of low-energy building and energy consultancy.
Peter, Sixten and Bodil at Guruji's 91-years birthday in Mysore, July 2006