Mum & baby | Course
Look for * in the schedule for classes in English.
Mum & baby yoga offers activities in the form of sound, movement, breathing, meditation and relaxation that benefit both mum and child and the connection between you.
You benefit from yoga practices that:
- Rebuild your body after birth, strengthen the musculature in general, ease problems with neck, shoulders and back, and support a healthy posture.
- Give you more energy for your daily activities.
- Relieve stress and anxiety.
- Promote relaxation and good sleep.
Your baby benefits from yoga practices that:
- Support his/her motor and emotional development through suitable stimulation of the body and senses.
- Promote good feeding and good sleep.
- Relieve common health issues as colic, constipation and wind.
- Improve the contact and communication between you – and spread joy.
Hatha yoga inspired classes. Expect simple practices in a gentle flow and inspiration for practices you can use at home.
You can join Mum & baby yoga also if you haven't participated in Pregnancy yoga or other yoga before. You are welcome from approx. 6 weeks after an uncomplicated birth (ask your doctor first if you would like to start earlier). After ceasarean section consult your doctor first before you commence any yoga practice; wait at least 10 weeks after birth. The classes are most suitable for babies that are not yet mobile and therefore we recommend that your baby is not much older than 6 months when you start.
The courses are taught by Bodil, mother of three, certified yoga teacher, certified Pregnancy yoga teacher, doula and birth practitioner with many years of experience with teaching yoga to new mums and their babies.
- Course no. B79, Østerbro/Ryesgade 106, Thursday @ 11:30-13:00,
5 Mar., 12 Mar., 19 Mar., 26 Mar., 2 Apr. 2020
-- Taught exclusively in Danish --
- Course no. B80, Østerbro/Ryesgade 106, Thursday @ 11:30-13:00,
7 May, 14 May, 28 May, 4 Jun., 11 Jun. 2020
-- Will be taught in English by request, otherwise in Danish --
Price and booking
B79, B80 (5 classes): 675 dkk.
Note: Courses will happen with minimum 8 participants. We recommend early registration.
To book a space: Click on log in in the menu above, create a profile and/or log in, then go to prices, and book/buy the course that you would like to attend. Your space is secured when we have received your payment.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Uma Dinsmore-Tuli: "Sitaram mother nurture yoga - Gentle yoga for the transistion to motherhood" (Sitaram Partnership, 2006). Triple DVD set – three 60 minute long discs. Fully integrated practical instruction for the whole of pregnancy, birth and postnatal recovery with baby to eight months.
- Tara Lee: Bump, birth and beyond (Earth Warrior Productions, 2010). 3 DVD box set with "Pregnancy health yoga" (190 minutes), "Post natal yoga" (83 minutes; yoga and pilates for mummy), and "Yoga for you and your baby" (50 minutes; yoga for baby, mum's pelvic floor, etc.).
- Naomi Stadlen: What mothers do - Especially when it looks like nothing (Piatkus Books, 2004). Wonderful book, full of great and precise observations. Useful both before and after giving birth.
- After the baby - Easy strengtheners for the new mom, article by Jaime Stover Schmitt (Yoga International, 2005; pdf format, no longer online).