Mum & baby | Course
Look for * in the schedule for classes in English.
Mum & baby yoga offers activities in the form of sound, movement, breathing, meditation and relaxation that benefit both mum and child and the connection between you.
You benefit from yoga practices that:
- Rebuild your body after birth, strengthen the musculature in general, ease problems with neck, shoulders and back, and support a healthy posture.
- Give you more energy for your daily activities.
- Relieve stress and anxiety.
- Promote relaxation and good sleep.
Your baby benefits from yoga practices that:
- Support his/her motor and emotional development through suitable stimulation of the body and senses.
- Promote good feeding and good sleep.
- Relieve common health issues as colic, constipation and wind.
- Improve the contact and communication between you – and spread joy.
At the moment, all Mum & baby yoga courses at YOGAMUDRA are taught in Danish. For more information, click here.
- Uma Dinsmore-Tuli: "Sitaram mother nurture yoga - Gentle yoga for the transistion to motherhood" (Sitaram Partnership, 2006). Triple DVD set – three 60 minute long discs. Fully integrated practical instruction for the whole of pregnancy, birth and postnatal recovery with baby to eight months.
- Tara Lee: Bump, birth and beyond (Earth Warrior Productions, 2010). 3 DVD box set with "Pregnancy health yoga" (190 minutes), "Post natal yoga" (83 minutes; yoga and pilates for mummy), and "Yoga for you and your baby" (50 minutes; yoga for baby, mum's pelvic floor, etc.).
- Naomi Stadlen: What mothers do - Especially when it looks like nothing (Piatkus Books, 2004). Wonderful book, full of great and precise observations. Useful both before and after giving birth. - Currently out of stock, maybe try Amazon.
- Mother nurture - Yoga and ayurveda for postpartum bliss, article by Claudia Welch and Scott Blossom (Yoga International, 2011).
- After the baby - Easy strengtheners for the new mom, article by Jaime Stover Schmitt (Yoga International, 2005; pdf format, no longer online).