Mental Health Aware Yoga training med Dr Lauren Tober
For yogalærere og yogalærerspirer, som gerne vil lære, hvordan man på generelle yogaklasser bedst støtter yogaelever, der oplever udfordringer med deres mentale sundhed.
Tid, online komponent: begynder 2. december 2019
Tid, ansigt-til-ansigt komponent: 3-5. januar 2020
Sted, ansigt-til-ansigt komponent: YOGAMUDRA Østerbro, Ryesgade 106 2. sal, 2100 København Ø (kort)
Bemærk: Antallet af pladser er begrænset og afsættes efter først-til-mølle princippet! Alle klasser undervises på engelsk. Nedenfor følger information om uddannelsen ligeledes på engelsk.
About the training
Mental Health Aware Yoga is a 50-hour professional development training program for yoga teachers and teachers-in-training. The training is a hybrid model that includes:
- 30 hours online lectures, reading and self-directed practicum
- 20 hours face-to-face training over 3 days
You'll also receive:
- Detailed printed training manual
- Teacher's pack of Consent Tokens custom made by Dr Lauren Tober
- Certificate of Completion *
- Listing on the Mental Health Aware Yoga website *
- Use of the Mental Health Aware Yoga logo on your website *
- Priority for post-training mentoring with Dr Lauren Tober
- Be part of an ongoing community of like-minded teachers
* Upon completing the full requirements for the training.
Is this training right for me?
This training is designed specifically for yoga teachers and yoga teachers-in-training. This training might be for you if:
- You want to learn how to best support your yoga students experiencing mental health challenges in your general yoga classes
- You have an interest in mental health and yoga psychology
- You are a yoga teacher and a mental health professional and would like to learn how to integrate these two fields
- You are interested in traditional AND evidence-based practice
- You are committed to ongoing professional and personal development
- You want to meet like-minded colleagues
- You are big-hearted, compassionate and have an open mind
This training is not:
- For therapists wanting to learn yoga skills for the therapy room (please start by completing a yoga teacher training course)
- To learn to become a therapist (it takes many years to do this)
- For yoga teachers who want prescriptive postures, practices and sequences for mental health (it's not that simple)
- For yoga teachers who are currently experiencing their own mental health crisis (please seek support from a therapist and connect back in with us when you're ready)
About Dr Lauren Tober
Dr Lauren Tober is a Clinical Psychologist, Life Coach and Senior Yoga Teacher based in Mullumbimby, Australia. With a passion for health, healing, happiness and awakening Lauren integrates the best of western psychology with ancient yogic wisdom, both on and off the mat.
Lauren is the founder of the Centre for Mind Body Wellness and Capturing Gratitude (a global photographic happiness project) and is the creator of several acclaimed online courses, including Meditation Pure + Simple, Living Your Heartfelt Desires and A Daily Dose of Bliss. Her work is soulful without being new-agey. It's evidence based, without being clinical. It's authentic, heartfelt and life changing.
Lauren has been featured in The Huffington Post, Australian Yoga Journal, ABC Radio, Well Being Magazine, Australian Yoga Life Magazine, Sydney Morning Herald, Peppermint Magazine, Collective Hub and more.
A long-time yoga practitioner, Lauren has worked as a Psychologist and Yoga Teacher since 2003 and a Yoga Teacher Trainer since 2009.
The online component:
- Begins 2 December 2019
- Includes online lectures, reading, self-directed practicum + multiple choice questions
- To be completed before the face-to-face component
The face-to-face component:
- Takes place Friday-Sunday, 3-5 January 2020, in Copenhagen
- Friday 10:00-17:00, Saturday 9:00-17:00 and Sunday 9:00-17:00 with a lunch break around noon
- Students will also have about a 30-min task to do after class on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Price and booking
5,495 DKK (approx. 733 EUR) early bird price until 10 November 2019
5,995 DKK (approx. 799 EUR)
full price from 11 November 2019
Your Consent Tokens will be shipped to you before the face-to-face component of the training.
Book en plads
Denne uddannelse bookes via Dr Lauren Tobers website for at sikre dig adgang til on-line delen af uddannelsen. Din plads er reserveret, når hun har modtaget din betaling.
Cancellations before 12 November 2019
will receive a refund minus 1200 DKK.
No refund for cancellations after 12 November 2019.
Six pillars of Mental Health Aware Yoga
This professional development training program for yoga teachers explores the six pillars of Mental Health Aware Yoga. You'll develop skills to support your yoga students experiencing mental health challenges, so they (and you) can thrive and flourish.
- Western psychology
In this first pillar of Mental Health Aware Yoga, we'll look at mental health through the lens of Western Psychology including:
- Yogic psychology
In the second pillar we’ll explore the foundations of Yoga Psychology, including:
Patañjali's model of yoga psychology
Depression, anxiety and the gunas
Yoga as cultivating sattva
- Safe container
In the third pillar you’ll learn how to Create a Safe Container, including:
The sacred role of the teacher
Professional boundaries and ethics
Creating a safe and nourishing environment for your students
Touch and hands-on assists
Helping (not rescuing)
Scope of practice and when to refer
The vinyasa of welcoming and farewelling your students
Mentoring and Supervision
Social media and promotion
Self-practice, self-care and self-enquiry
What to do when ethical dilemmas arise
- Therapeutic skills
In the fourth pillar you'll learn Therapeutic Skills for Yoga Teachers, including:
Meeting your students where they are
Creating an individualised practice
Unconditional positive regard
- Yogic practices
In the fifth pillar we’ll explore traditional and evidence-based Yogic Practices for mental health, including:
Yoga and mental health research
Assessing (not diagnosing) your students
Contraindications (what not to do)
Compassionate non-judgemental witnessing presence
- Mental health crisis
In the sixth pillar of Mental Health Aware Yoga, we’ll discuss what to do in a Mental Health Crisis, including:
How to respond when students cry
What to do if a student has a panic attack or trauma reaction
What to do if a student discloses suicide ideation or self-harm
Hoteller, vandrehjem, bed & breakfast og privat indkvartering er tilgængelig over hele København. Klik her for mere information.