Yoga and pregnancy
We have recently updated the information on yoga and pregnancy on the Danish site, and there is plenty! So we are working hard to translate it all into English for your benefit. Thank you for your patience. And if you do understand som Danish, then please read more here
- Uma Dinsmore-Tuli's books: Yoga for pregnancy and birth (Teach Yourself, 2008) and Morthers Breath - A definitive guide to yoga breathing, sound and awareness practices during pregnancy, birth, post-natal recovery and mothering (Sitaram and Sons, 2006).
- Uma Dinsmore-Tuli's dvd: Sitaram mother nurture yoga - Gentle yoga for the transition to motherhood (Sitaram Partnership, 2006). Triple DVD set – three 60 minute long discs. Fully integrated practical instruction for the whole of pregnancy, birth and postnatal recovery with baby to eight months.
- Tara Lee's dvds: Bump, birth and beyond (Earth Warrior Productions, 2010). 3 DVD box set with "Pregnancy health yoga" (190 minutes), "Post natal yoga" (83 minutes; yoga and pilates for mummy), and "Yoga for you and your baby" (50 minutes; yoga for baby, mum's pelvic floor, etc.).
- Naomi Stadlen: What mothers do - Especially when it looks like nothing (Piatkus Books, 2004). Wonderful book, full of great and precise observations. Useful both before and after giving birth. - Currently out of stock. We hope to have it back again soon.
- Infographic on Body changes during pregnancy from Healthline.com.
- Yoga in the first trimester, interesting article at Prenatalyogacenter.com (pdf).
- Exercising while pregnant gives newborns a real head start, article by Julianne Chiaet (Scientific American, 2013; pdf format).
- Ashtanga yoga practice during pregnancy, article by Betty Lai who had close contact to Sri K. Pattabhi Jois while pregnant and received his advise on how to modify practice.
- Mantras: A tool for birth and beyond!, interesting article at Prenatalyogacenter.com (pdf).
- Do not disturb: The importance of privacy in labor, interesting article from The Journal of Perinatal Education (pdf).